Thursday, December 9, 2010

Men 80s Aerobic Instructor

The tribulations of a speaker OCH


few months ago, Philippe Lachapelle asked me to give a lecture as part of conference-meetings of OCH. It was in connection with the upcoming anniversary of Faith and Light communities, and it was intended to send invitations to participate in pilgrimages organized by provinces from February 2011. I felt very honored, but it made me a bit scared when we know the quality of the conferences OCH! And then it had to happen on Dec. 8: here, all my resistance have surged since talk of the day such a great and important festival, a celebration that has so many ties with Faith and Light, I accepted ( the Immaculate Conception is the name that has given the beautiful lady of Lourdes to Bernadette who asked her name, and then Lourdes, that is where Faith and Light was started in 1971).

There is a setting that we could not control the time it was the weather that is sometimes capricious and teasing! We could not find a thick coat of pure white color would cover all the Ile de France, wreaking havoc on roads and transport! I dropped my car at my workplace and I joined the OCH where the conference preparations were proceeding as if nothing had happened ! The serenity and reassuring of all was my (almost) tears of rage dissipated. The traditional prayer before leaving for the conference venue was very fervent

I still had a great concern: Isabelle and Julie were they able to come? The phone calls do not at all reassured me there were already 10 inches of snow in our home in Ville d'Avray, no cars could get out, the center of Julie offered to keep her for the night, because there too It had become inaccessible! Fortunately, there are good angels! and angels who drive 4x4! Julie has been reduced to Ville d'Avray and Isabelle, they have managed to reach the station on foot, walking on the street because the sidewalks were impassable and full of abandoned cars ... from there, they moved to Paris, then the place of Metro conference, packed like sardines. I was very happy because their presence seemed indispensable to everything I say! And Julie was to speak at the beginning of the conference, and this testimony would have missed!

But tribulations continued, because after the conference he had to return and new trains were not reassuring again, I was not able to retrieve my car at a late hour ... Fortunately, good friends, living nearby, we have kindly offered to accommodate us ... And the next morning, we joined City d'Avray, now a small resort for winter sports, snow-covered. And the weather was back! The show was really great! But that adventure for this conference!

During the Mass that preceded, I remembered what I had to say during the conference: "The happiness of being selected is that, whatever the depth of my distress, this is where God chose to take to bring me grace, comfort and support. "Then I said we should begin to apply myself to myself what I tell others! And all went well! And even if there were fewer participants than expected, there will be other ways that God uses to convey the message that I wanted to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment