Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Custom Silverado Trucks For Sale

Mini-retreat at Our Lady of Atlas Trust


"You have made us facing you, Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you" These words of St. Augustine, a leading figure of the Christian North Africa resonates in me after four days at the Trappist monks of Atlas, Midelt (Morocco), on the other side of North Africa.

The monks are few, three: the prior Flachaire Jean-Pierre's brother Jean-Pierre Schumacher, the last of the monks of Tibhirine hotel and brother, Jose-Luis. But the gift of life, abandonment, presence precarious and fragile, their desire to be with, to be praying in the middle of praying reveals a power to move mountains! Mountains that are very active around Midelt and peak at over 3000 meters (already covered with snow this season), the monastery is its 1500 meters of altitude. The temperature is already cold and the blankets are very popular night! The hotel also closes for the winter and I was the last guest to stay there this year.

be found in this monastery many sources of inspiration:

- Tibhirine that of course, by the presence of the brother Jean-Pierre and a memorial where the pictures are presented of the seven murdered monks and a copy Christian brother's will. The library of the monastery of Tibhirine was transported to Midelt,

- that of Charles de Foucauld by the presence of the Father Peyriguère, whose body was transferred to Midelt last summer his way of life was best to achieve the ideal of the spirituality of Brother Charles.

- that of the Franciscan sisters who were the first to occupy the current premises of the monastery where they were loaded from an orphanage and a weaving workshop and are now higher up the mountain, Tatiouinne.

Here the context in which I was welcomed very warmly by the monks, I am grateful for everything I have lived with them

- a prayer by the participation Offices (I have never participated in vigils 4 o'clock in the morning ...) and the Eucharist

- a time to share where I was invited to tell the monks assembled in chapter, who I am and what Faith and Light. 's brother Jean-Pierre (prior) told me he had a sister with Down syndrome when he was very attached . The monks have assured me of their prayers for Faith and Light and I have given particularly the work of international coordination team, and each community is invited to a pairing with a religious community, the ECI now his.

- a time of friendship with many conversations in the courtyard of the monastery and moments like this daily appointment of 10 hours when the workers who work for the rehabilitation of a building (an extension of hotel) invite the monks and people passing to share mint tea and a sardine sandwich: this is called over there the wider community.

- and a real rest period where I could take time to reflect on the content of the conference that invited me OCH to give in December,

All this because I feel like I have experienced a mini-retirement and it made me much good!

The day I left, there was much excitement in the city! And for good reason, it was the day of the visit of the king! The city decked with flags floating Moroccan everywhere and thousands of people converged on the city to attend this great event. The monastery also decked with a Moroccan flag and a portrait of the king above the entrance door.

I'm already surprised many times to think of time spent in this community, saying "they are now in the chapel singing the Office" and I join them in prayer at the monastery invisible I feel a little party.

soon, Inshallah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment