Monday, November 8, 2010

How Long Should I Let Eyebrows Grow

Yamna, God is with you!



Yamna I met October 29 in Midelt (Morocco). Yamna has 39 years it is a special education and founded an association called "The Road to Life". It caters for children with disabilities who mind it offers educational activities: psychomotor, learning various games. The building that houses the association is in full work and it promises to be magnificent.

Yamna is also links with Franciscan nuns and the monks of Our Lady of Atlas, through them, she became aware of what we do in our Faith and Light communities. This pleased him, and she adapted the operation to the cultural and religious Morocco. December 27 Last Tiqa (trust in Arabic) was born and meetings are held regularly in the buildings of the association, but I already told this: http://fli-afoi.blogspot.com/2010/01 / tiqha la confiance.html

So I was very happy to attend a meetings Tiqa. We were eighteen: 7 children with disabilities, parents (as mothers and sisters) and two friends (including Yamna). The meeting began with a time of sharing around the question: "how the word of God can help parents of disabled children?". Everything was in Arab and discussions were lively, but Yamna has taken the time to translate what everyone said. There was then a snack, each made of fruit juice and cakes, then a prayer (I had the chance to be named). If this course you remember something, it is no accident! Here's what I wrote on my return Yamna:
I thank you warmly for your hospitality and your kindness! Meets Tiqa (easier to write than to say ;-)) was for me a memorable time. Realize that the intuition of the founders of Faith and Light (together, around people who mental disabilities, members of the family, parents, siblings and friends to share, celebrate and pray together) can be applied to other religions is a confirmation for me.
I do believe that the disabled person can be a source of unity, can gather around it all people of good will so that together we celebrate the infinite value of life!

The next day we met for tea in town with Yamna and Lamia. Lamia is 14 and has Down syndrome, her father left when she was born and she knows that sentence. She was very happy (and me too ...) to walk me down the street holding hands!

0 comments:

Post a Comment